(1) Students were split into teams of 4-5 people;
(2) Students took turns and read the given text out aloud. After reading each paragraph, teams had to select ONE word that would capture the main idea of a given paragraph. Students needed to consistently ask a question “Why is this word important?”.
(3) By the time the teams finished reading their text, they should have made a list of 8-10 key words. They then wrote those words down on the a whiteboard in the form of Tapioca’s “jelly bubbles”.
(4) After that, the students were asked to chose at least 3 words from the list and create a sentence consisting of not more that 20 words. That sentence was written at the bottom of the Tapioca cup.
(5) In the end, some teams had a chance to discuss why they selected their keywords and how those words helped to create a summary.